Better License Plates

• Now released!

Additional optional textures

1984 California plates

2011+ San Andreas plate with dmv.sa.gov text (based on California)

Download: BLP - 2011 SA-CA Plate 1.2.zip

1956 San Andreas Plate (based on California)

Download: BLP - 1956 SA-CA Plate 1.2.zip

Requires carcols.ymt edits for black font

1942 San Andreas Plate (based on California)

Download: BLP - 1942 SA-CA Plate 1.2.zip

Requires carcols.ymt edits for yellow font

• I could include a version without stickers at all, but no expiration year (like the default sticker) would look a little bit empty. I've actually considered making a retro version (with the older white plate) as well, but the exempt plate wouldn't work without carcols edits, and I wouldn't really want to include that with a texture mod.

• Well your call then, but personally I already used them so

External Image puu.sh
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I don't see a problem with it. I think actually going without the full stickers would then make it look too empty.

EDIT: Actually seeing the real ones again I guess no stickers would make sense too, like this

https://hobbydb-production.s3.…a67-927d-f14b07bf7def.png

Anyway, some suggestions if you're open to that:

http://www.oldpl8s.com/sell-62-XKA912-a.jpg

http://www.speednik.com/files/…2/2015-12-16_21-28-13.jpg

• The front plates never have expiration stickers, so having no stickers would be as unrealistic as having them in the front and the back. Unfortunately that's something that can't be changed with a mod. The current textures will get an option without any stickers.

I will make the retro pack as well then, with the 1987 plates instead of the current ones. The stickers will be a mix between the two styles of older stickers (this and this) with different colors and no year. The exempt plate will just have the SA EXEMPT text with the old font, like the default one.

The 1956 plate would probably be easy, but the 1942 has a different format, I'm not sure what would be the best way to do that. I'll consider seperate textures when the two complete versions are released.

Edit:

Well, the real question is: When will be the LSPD slicktop Caprices released?

That's the main question

That's not a question for this thread, though ;)

• Let me see what I can come up with for the 1942 plate.

• Now released:

Let me see what I can come up with for the 1942 plate.

What do you have in mind? To get the most realistic result, it would need a custom texture and model, but that way it wouldn't really work unless it's a single car. The best way is probably to convert that design to the current format.

• That texture looks very good and would probably fit well for a car with a templated license plate, but wouldn't really work together with this mod, as it's meant to enhance the default San Andreas plates. Additionally, my textures have a much lower resolution and barely use any shadow or shine effects as I can use normal maps for that.

Depending on what GreenAid has in mind, I'm probably going to try to convert that design to the current format and upload the textures here. It will require manual edits of the carcols to change the text color. I have a few different things that I'm going to work on before doing that, though.

• That wasn't really my point, I wouldn't have bothered editing the carcols anyway ^^

I was referring to the shape of the license plate, it's a little bit lower than the current plates. I could either create the texture with the original shape and scale it to the texture or try to convert the design to the current format.

For those interested, the retro version is going to take a little bit longer as I'm having to update the normal version again. The text on top will be positioned more accurately.

• The Retro Edition has been released and an update for the original version was uploaded.

A 2011+ version with dmv.sa.gov text and a 1956 plate as requested by GreenAid was added to the first post.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!