2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility - LSPD/LAPD - Marked and Unmarked

• I've recently started working on LSPD 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utilities with Kane104's base model. I'm working on the marked and the unmarked FPIU, I'll try to make both as close to the real LAPD versions as possible.

The skin for the marked version should be complete:

Newer pic of the marked FPIU:

Currently, I'm working on the unmarked version, here's a first picture:

I'm working on the emissives right now, the unmarked car will be a hybrid using ELS for most lights in order to get proper light stages and non-ELS for some lights at stage 3. I'll need to use default lights to make the mirror lights work properly, but I generally prefer using ELS for the light stages. I'm not sure if I'll use default lights for the Spectralux interior lightbar, as it allow me to get the pattern closer to the real car, however, I would have to update the Charger and the Caprice as well to have the same setup.

• yessssssss non els that is good news for me i have been waiting for non ele along time now : ))))

To clarify, the car will use a mix of ELS and non-ELS, you'd still need ELS, but at stage 3, it uses both ELS and default lights for different lights. However, if all works as expected, there will be a non-ELS version, but it might not be possible due to the number of split lights in so many different positions. I can only guarantee that there will be a version that works with ELS.

• I've started working on the lights and decided to go with non-ELS lights for the Spectralux and the all the Micropulses in the front to get a more realistic pattern. Here's a short video:

External Video www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I will most likely try to make a non-ELS version, however I will have to omit some lights, as there would be more lights than the game allows me to add. Possible options would be to remove the flashing reverse lights and to use single color mirror lights instead of split lights. I'll look into that after the ELS version is done, the only thing I can say right now is that a fully realistic non-ELS version is impossible.

• I have a new video of the (hopefully) final light setup of the unmarked FPIU. ELS is used for the steady burns and the SignalMaster in the rear. All other lights use non-ELS in order to get the most realistic pattern possible and to have proper environmental light reflections.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unfortunately, the CN SignalMaster has to be mounted to the body, the real one is mounted to the trunk. While it would technically be possible for the unmarked FPIU, the marked one has two separate traffic advisors, one in the rear window and one in the lightbar, and the emissives cannot be split up to move with the trunk. I'd rather have a consistent setup than do it properly only for the unmarked one, that's why all versions will have the traffic advisor mounted to the body.

• CJ, you're always doing insane work! Good to see you're still putting out quality vehicles since we were friends through IV modding. (old name was Foward). Cant wait for the release of this, been dying for an unmarked LAPD based FPIU!

• Kane104 just finished his FS Valor, so I started working on the marked FPIU and added all the lights. Like the unmarked one, it's an ELS/non-ELS hybrid, using ELS for the traffic advisor, the wig wags and the steady burns to get the realistic light stages and non-ELS for all other lights.

I have also finished the Integrated Control System and the console, I'm currently working on the partitions and the dashcam.

• Hey man love your work, I’m so exited to use the unmarked fpiu!!! Do you have an approximate release date? Thanks.

• Very interesting that there has been a fair amount of LAPD packs being released within the last few months. For the longest of times Desmonds 2013 FPUI was in a league of its own in terms of quality and interior. Nice to see that gap is closing. This FPUI is looking really good, good luck with the project.

• when will you launch this car?

There is no ETA, as I've said before, it's currently on hold.

There has been a change of plans: With the release of DLS, I have decided to focus on the non-ELS version. I believe that DLS is much better than ELS, it has a better performance, and if DLS isn't installed, the car still works perfectly, it just won't have lightstages. There have to be some compromises compared to the ELS hybrid, as I'll have to combine a few lights. I'll need to experiment a little bit more, but I'm confident that I'll be able to make it almost as good as the ELS hybrid version.

However, I'm not yet making any final decisions as to whether there will be an ELS version or not.

• There is no ETA, as I've said before, it's currently on hold.

There has been a change of plans: With the release of DLS, I have decided to focus on the non-ELS version. I believe that DLS is much better than ELS, it has a better performance, and if DLS isn't installed, the car still works perfectly, it just won't have lightstages. There have to be some compromises compared to the ELS hybrid, as I'll have to combine a few lights. I'll need to experiment a little bit more, but I'm confident that I'll be able to make it almost as good as the ELS hybrid version.

However, I'm not yet making any final decisions as to whether there will be an ELS version or not.

ELS please, because most do not know how to install non-els cars since it is quite difficult, ELS helps us to enjoy cars more easily when installing them, DLS may be better but not simple and that takes away points.

• ELS please, because most do not know how to install non-els cars since it is quite difficult, ELS helps us to enjoy cars more easily when installing them, DLS may be better but not simple and that takes away points.

The ELS version uses default lights in addition to ELS, it would therefore also require carcols edits. The installation being difficult was my original reason for not doing hybrid setups, but with LML it's now really easy to install mods. ELS lights simply aren't as customizable, I just can't make it as accurate without non-ELS lights. There will be replace and addon versions set up for LML as well as an addon DLC, this way the installation of either version will be made as easy as possible.

• The ELS version uses default lights in addition to ELS, it would therefore also require carcols edits. The installation being difficult was my original reason for not doing hybrid setups, but with LML it's now really easy to install mods. ELS lights simply aren't as customizable, I just can't make it as accurate without non-ELS lights. There will be replace and addon versions set up for LML as well as an addon DLC, this way the installation of either version will be made as easy as possible.

Its okay, I hope you car :D

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!