How to use +hi.ytd.

• How to use +hi.ytd.

Hi, I'm pretty new to this forum. Sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm learning to convert vehicles, and I'm in the process of working on a CVPI for my self, but it relies on normal maps and textures that are not tiling for most of the interior, and it uses a lot of high resolution textures (3 different diffuse and normal maps)

So I want to use a higher resolution texture for L0. But if I specify +hi.ytd in Zmodeler3 in the same way as normal embedded textures, it shows up in OpenIV, but not in-game.

If anyone knows how to set +hi.ytd, please let me know.

ps.
    The reason for using so many textures is that I want to keep the L0 polygon count around 60K.

• Hello,

the +hi.ytd works differently than the hi.yft. The +hi.ytd is only used by the game if the texture quality in the graphics settings is set to high. It will replace any textures with the same name that are included in the normal .ytd. If the texture quality is lower, the textures included in the +hi.ytd will never be used.

To prevent the game from rendering high resolution textures at a distance, make sure your textures have mipmaps, the game will then automatically use the most fitting resolution, based on the distance of the model, the size of the texture, and the graphics settings.

Using multiple 2k textures with additional specular and normal maps shouldn't be an issue, as long as they're compressed properly. Having too many 4k textures or too many large uncompressed textures can cause memory issues (disappearing world textures), but I have never experienced that with properly compressed 2k or 1k resolution textures.

• Thank you very much!

I was mistaken

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!