Chrysler's A38 Pursuit Cars

• I'm sure some of you are aware of the Fury/Monaco that solo made using Robin'7t4's Fury render as a base to the creation. I've been working for the past few months on and off and more recently these last few weeks, improving and adding to the model. Lower poly 440 engine from Carface, LODs, and some alternate trim packages along with the Monaco and Coronet version later down the line.

That picture's a few weeks old, but showing the three options I'll have for use when the finished product is ready to roll out.

This is a recent photo of the car's state. Car sits comfortable at 100k polygons for the 1978 Fury version. I'll post some more pictures soon hoping for some feedback or suggestions on what I could improve. Full LODs are already included, but still need major tweaking.

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • Pictures of the L0 to the new L1 comparison. Don't mind the tan dashboard. I still have to update the texture.

External Image puu.sh
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Image puu.sh

• Absolutely beautiful model and materials so far, I can't wait to see the final result.

• After a week and a half of LOD work...

L0 - 100,356

L1 - 32,428

L2 - 18,271

L3 - 7,602

L4 - 696

LODs are near seamless. You may notice change when many vehicles are around you, or the police are in pursuit. Enough to where L1 can show up from right up close. This isn't a model issue, but a game function.

I'll post some pictures soon.

• Current update shot.

Finally at the finishing stages. Please leave suggestions, if you have any.

• Do the sidemarkers actually ,,work''?

Good point, I wonder if the turn light turns on with the headlight too, if not I could help you with it Lundy.

Yes they do. Everything is functional as in real life.

• ....Do they work as turn signals still too? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Everything is functional as in real life.

• 1978 Fury, 1975 Fury, and 1978 Monaco.

Updates to the Monaco package

• What plans do you have for it, other than NYPD?

LAPD for both Furies (Unsure if they used the Coronet), LASD 75 Fury, CHP Coronet and Monaco, and them some misc departments. Probably count on San Jose Police, too.

Edited once, last by CT5555 ().

• Test picture of the CHP Dodge Monaco. Currently have an issue with the lightbar's collision not being detected by non-player collisions. Ie. I can shoot the speaker and glass and it will react properly, but if the car flips upside down, the lightbar acts as if it doesn't have collisions.

• Looking great!

As far as I remember, the lowlod collisions are used for environment collision detection.

Doesn't seem to have made a difference. Only shooting and walking into/above the part will work.

New video

External Video www.youtube.com

Edited once, last by CT5555 ().

• Now for the interior...