I've been having issues working with window collision models. I have no idea how to create them (excluding flat glass objects like partition glass) and when I try, they never work. Even on a model with previously working window collisions, after I imported it, made some changes (including adding 'Crash' to User-Defined Options), and exported, the window collisions no longer worked.
I follow the following steps to create and set up glass collision models. These steps work perfectly fine for me when I apply them to flat surfaces but fall apart on anything that isn't flat. Along the same lines, I'm wondering how people create the collision object for complex objects.
- Add Crash to the window material's user-defined options if not already
- Create a box primitive sized to the window
- Convert it to collision object, append [COL], and nest it under the window object
- In the collision model's properties,
- Check Flat shaded
- Uncheck Tangents and Primary Color
- Change UV Channels to 0
- Add Crash to the user-defined properties
- In polygon mode,
- Delete the sides of the box, leaving only the front and back
- Change External State to 122/121/120 depending on the window
- Change GTA V > Options and check See through, No ragdoll, and Shot through FX
- Change Group/Type to VEHICLES and CAR_GLASS_STRONG/MEDIUM/WEAK depending on the window
- In vertex mode, weld each edge
- On the chassis collision model in polygon mode, verify the areas where the windows/doors are have ID 142 and type PHYS_CAR_VOID
I'm really confused as to what I'm doing wrong and would greatly appreciate some guidance.