2014 Volkswagen Golf GTI - South African Police Service

• I'm still new to GTA V's workings but I'm in the process of learning the ins and outs of the game. I've already ported my Mk7 VW Golf GTI over to it without any major hassles as a test, the only problem that's holding me back and hindering me would be the fact that I have to remodel a decent interior for it. Nevertheless, I don't have any set plans for V yet but I'll definitely be converting all my SAPS vehicles over to it soon. Here's a few screenshots of the Golf for now:

Its worth mentioning that I am aware that I've missed the deadline I set for the release of these cars for GTA IV, but it comes at a time where my interest has shifted over to V. I will get to releasing these cars for IV sometime in the future.

I'll update this thread with a decent layout and list of my ideas and plans for GTA V once I've gotten to a stage where I'm happy in releasing the cars(there's still many bugs to be ironed out and things to be learned). Anyhow, I hope you guys like the progress!

EDIT: UPDATE AS OF 01/05/2019
    As stated in my most recent post, I've since finished this model after obtaining a new base model and a lengthy restart to the project.

Both the civilian and the SAPS version have since been released and can be found here:

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by Kane104 ().

• Its been 4 years since I started this project for V and an update concerning the development is well overdue.

Whilst the Golf I initially ported from IV was my entirely scratch made model, I since obtained the CSR Racing 2 model and decided to use it as the base instead as it came with an interior. On the exterior, the extent of the updates to the model itself was mainly the modeling of the front grille area and headlights. From there onward I decided to take a different approach to my usual ways and instead rely on scratch making textures after my experience with the Liberty II development. Textures heavily dependent on normal maps were the way to go.

The only downside to the CSR Racing 2 model was the lack of decent interior textures, they were in fact terrible and forced me to go on a 6+ month long intermittent process of remaking and remapping the entire interior to my standard. Below are screenshots of this process.

Initial post will be updated with release info.

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!