Blaine County Sheriff's Office Pack

• I don't have any progress to show right now, I've been experimenting a bit with non-ELS but came to the conclusion that the default lights' disadvantages are more annoying than ELS. Other than that, I'm still working on the gun rack and started working on an interior dome light.

I've also been thinking about adding some trunk equipment, but I'd like to hear some opinions first. I have been thinking about a trunk tray with a shotgun and (low poly) radio and siren equipment, as well as some kind of storage box or organizer, depending on what would be realistic without needing too many polygons or high resolution textures. However, I'm not sure if the added polygons and textures are worth it, considering at least I personally rarely look in the trunk of modded cars, so it would probably just end up being a fairly useless gimmick that would still take a lot of time to create.

Looks real good. Do you plan on releasing or selling that light bar as a dev part?

L1MITED is correct, this is the project I was talking about. The RX2700 and some of the other equipment will be released after some or all of these cars are finished, I have not decided yet. I will never sell parts, and since the issue came up recently with a few people, I'd just like to remind everybody that my parts, including future releases such as the RX2700, may not be used commercially.

• I'm not sure if the added polygons and textures are worth it, considering at least I personally rarely look in the trunk of modded cars, so it would probably just end up being a fairly useless gimmick that would still take a lot of time to create.

I agree with this. It's always nice having added detail, however, most people never look inside of the trunk of modded cars. The only cars I feel should have something in the trunk would be SUV's.

The RX2700 and some of the other equipment will be released after some or all of these cars are finished, I have not decided yet. I will never sell parts, and since the issue came up recently with a few people, I'd just like to remind everybody that my parts, including future releases such as the RX2700, may not be used commercially.

This is great to hear. The developer community is starting to become increasingly behind a pay wall and even more so for quality parts.

I'm loving the progress of this pack and I look forward to the next update!

• My apologies for any ignorance. I must have missed where he said he was going to be releasing it, and as Kilroy said above me the vast majority of developers do not believe in quality freeware development parts... Or creating vehicles for that matter. Everyone seems to be taking this from a hobby to a career.

But that is great to hear CJ. I appreciate the hard work you put into your stuff and can't wait to use them. Pack is looking great!

• My apologies for any ignorance. I must have missed where he said he was going to be releasing it, and as Kilroy said above me the vast majority of developers do not believe in quality freeware development parts... Or creating vehicles for that matter. Everyone seems to be taking this from a hobby to a career.

No worries, it was never even mentioned in this thread, only in the LSFD Ram's. Considering most active modders are trying to make money nowadays, it's sadly a valid question to ask if parts will be sold, no matter how much I'd like to banish every mention of paid mods from this website. It is an incentive for me to release more parts publicly, though.

• There has been a slight delay with the release: While testing the car, I noticed that the light pattern was messed for AI cars, the steady burns weren't steady and the flashes weren't in sync. It seems to be an issue with ELS that happens when specific patterns are used together and unfortunately the only way to fix it was to change the pattern again. The good thing about that is that as I've moved the steady burns to the primaries, I was able to use extra 10 for some more equipment, so I've added Kane104's Stalker radar.

Here are some more screenshots and a video of what's hopefully the final version. I still need to do some more testing to make sure there are no more issues, if anybody is interested in helping me test it, send me a conversation or message me on Discord (Cj24#0013).

External Video www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not much has happened since my last post, I haven't had a lot of motivation to work on the other cars, but I can give you an update on the Charger. The livery is done, the lightbar and some of the equipment were added, but the pushbar and the interior equipment are still missing. Here are some current screens:

• It's been a long time since the last update, but I finally have some news about my BCSO cars. I have converted the Caprice to non-ELS (with DLS support) and updated a lot of the equipment. The ELS version of the Caprice will no longer be updated and all other cars will also only support non-ELS and DLS. With DLS, I'm able to get the patterns and light stages closer to my original vision than with ELS. It also allows me to use extras for the equipment, it is now for example possible to disable the pushbar on all cars by simply editing the vehicles.meta.

I have also started working on the slicktop and unmarked versions with Code 3 Supervisor and Wingman interior lights:

Some of the equipment of the slicktop version uses extras and can be toggled on or off, by default it is all set to always spawn for the slicktop and never spawn for the unmarked version, as seen in the picture above:

• Extra 5: Pushbar
    • Extra 6: Spotlight emissive (requires extra 9) Trunk Chevrolet badge
    • Extra 7 and 8: Mirror lights
    • Extra 9: Spotlights and partition

I hope I'll be able to take a video of the light stages and patterns of both cars soon. There is still some work left with the Caprices, but once they are ready for release or at least for testing, I will start working on the Ram and Charger as well.

• External Video www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Almost done with the marked version.

• Latest pictures and a video of the slicktop/unmarked versions:

• The marked, slicktop and unmarked versions of the Caprice have been released:

The models of the slicktop and unmarked versions are identical, their only differences are the liveries, carvariations.meta as well as the vehicles.meta to set which extras spawn.

To change which extras spawn by default, modify the extraIncludes and requiredExtra settings: Add all extras you want to spawn in an item in the extraIncludes and put one of those extras in the requiredExtras. All extras not forced to spawn will never spawn by default, with the exception of the radars in the marked unit, which will always spawn randomly.

• I've put the Ram on hold to work on a 2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, featuring HANAKO's amazing CVPI base.

My current plan is to keep the setup as similar as possible to the Caprice, but with some older equipment, such as XT4 grill lights, a halogen spotlight and Mastercom and ArrowStik controllers. As with the Caprice, I plan to make marked, slicktop and unmarked versions.

• I have made Code 3 XT4 grill lights and Hide-A-Blast 9 LED hideaways:

This means the light setup is now completed:

I will work on the interior equipment next. I have already made a Toughbook CF-30, I'm currently working on a console.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!