Can't change the color of the hubcap

• I recently started working on improvements for Dan's 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV, and ran into a problem.

As you can see in the screenshot below, the main part of the wheel has a normal color and reflections. At the same time, the cap has a strange gray color. I didn't find an answer on the internet, played with textures, materials and assign a different mesh to different materials. And that's what I found out:

• Different diffuse textures do not affect the color, only spec textures affect the degree of reflection.
    • Initially, I divided the 2 materials at the wheel in order to make the texture of normal and dirt correctly. The materials were identical, the difference was only in the normal map. After discovering this problem, I tried to use the same material, but the problem was also not solved.
    • Different mesh also does not solve the problem. I have already tried using the example of two different caps.
    • Already tried to use the "calculating normals" tool, but it did not give any effect to the game.
    • I have already tried to solve the problem using tools in the "Paint" category, but I do not have enough experience working with them, so I also failed to solve the problem with them.

In addition, I also failed to assign dirt correctly. Either it simply wasn't in the game, or all the dirt on the car turned green.

I will be grateful for any help.

(The screenshot was taken some time ago, but you can still see the problem on it)

• Please check the points below if you've tried them.

- Change the diffuse color on the rim. Then change the specmap color to a baby blue/bright blue. Usually when you're unable to change colors on rims or any other mesh the specmap is set to use "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap", this causes the mesh to utilize the brightest spec possible and will cause the mesh to turn into chrome.

- If the dirtmap does not assign properly, make sure you've UV-mapped the rim to use UV channel #2.

If you need any more help, please let me know.

• I think it's worth supplementing my question with textures and a screenshot of how mapping is done on the model now, as well as the view in the game. I also accidentally missed an error from the translator. It translated "cap" like "hood". Sorry, English is not my native language.

1. Current diffuse texture: (The texture is not mine, I just decided to check if changing the texture will fix the issue.)

2. Specular texture:

3. UV-mapper view:

4. Current In-game screenshot:

• I tried all your suggestions, but nothing worked out. I also supplemented my question with the post above.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!