I recently started working on improvements for Dan's 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV, and ran into a problem.
As you can see in the screenshot below, the main part of the wheel has a normal color and reflections. At the same time, the cap has a strange gray color. I didn't find an answer on the internet, played with textures, materials and assign a different mesh to different materials. And that's what I found out:
- Different diffuse textures do not affect the color, only spec textures affect the degree of reflection.
- Initially, I divided the 2 materials at the wheel in order to make the texture of normal and dirt correctly. The materials were identical, the difference was only in the normal map. After discovering this problem, I tried to use the same material, but the problem was also not solved.
- Different mesh also does not solve the problem. I have already tried using the example of two different caps.
- Already tried to use the "calculating normals" tool, but it did not give any effect to the game.
- I have already tried to solve the problem using tools in the "Paint" category, but I do not have enough experience working with them, so I also failed to solve the problem with them.
In addition, I also failed to assign dirt correctly. Either it simply wasn't in the game, or all the dirt on the car turned green.
I will be grateful for any help.
(The screenshot was taken some time ago, but you can still see the problem on it)