(Guide) How to render templates in ZMod

• So I had to re-template my Expedition that I have been working on and used it a chance to try and make a guide on how I make my "rainbow' templates.

I'll let it be noted I am not the best at giving instructions and I have a strong studder but this should help somewhat.

External Video www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cj24

Added the Label ZModeler 3
  • Hi 0taku,

Thanks for the contribution, your instructions are not a problem. It's easy to follow and should help modders aspiring to become better to improve their skills.

Nice job :)

Haha, thanks when I was doing the editting I kept thinking 'oh god do I should like shit' but I'm glad you can still make sense of it.

• So I had to re-template my Expedition that I have been working on and used it a chance to try and make a guide on how I make my "rainbow' templates.

I'll let it be noted I am not the best at giving instructions and I have a strong studder but this should help somewhat.

You don't need to remove the white color to add the mesh to the rainbow template.

Just open the rainbow template, create a new layer, add a white template with a mesh there, double click on a that layer and select "mix - multiply"

This way the layers will blend, there will be no white color, and the mesh will perfectly fit on the layer with the rainbow template.

It will look better, plus it is faster and easier to do.

• Isn't it just easier to select by material in polygon mode, Shift+I to invert selection, H to hide (or under Display, Hide/Show...) that way you're just left with the paint material, and then do the template by selecting the separate parts? Otherwise it takes forever to select all parts manually with the chance to miss some spots, also it's not necessary to detach them...

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!