2015 Ford Focus ST - South African Police Service

• Onto the next local police vehicle project it is, and with this next one I plan to create the Golf GTI's rival - the Ford Focus ST as also used by the Flying Squad.

Initially I started off with the Forza model but as time went on I felt I needed a better body and instead opted for the NFS MW. Its notable that the NFS base has a low poly interior that I plan to use for the L1 and for the L0 I plan to mate the NFS model to the Forza interior, a long and tedious process that I have ahead of myself but one that I'll nonetheless succeed with.

The biggest issue by far is the year, the model I've obtained is the 2013 whereas in reality the vehicles used are the 2015 facelift models so my first priority will be to facelift the model to the newer year.

Below are some screenshots of the model as things stand currently:

L1 vs. L0 interiors:

End goal SAPS vehicle samples:

I will be posting updates as I progress.

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • Update 1
    Progress so far on the front end, below are attached pictures with the facelift on the right side in the images. I still need to make alterations to the bonnet and some smoothing out of the bumper.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • Update 2
    I've finished the bonnet and smoothed out the bumper. Moving on to modeling trims and grilles, will iron out buggy normals as I progress.

• Update 3

Grilles and fog lights done. Moving to headlights.

• Update 4

Headlights done. Moving to textures.

• Update 5

I've remodeled the boot and most of the rear bumper, but its still unfinished and normals imperfect.

Thanks again to those who have been supporting the thread. I know its been months since the last update but unfortunately I've been very occupied with work.

• Update 6
    Realized I made a mistake with body lines on the bumper and corrected them, modeling taillight internals next.

• Update 7
    Taillight internals done. Moving on to make textures.

• Update 8

Heres a rough mirror of the car so far with the textures I'm making. Still have to do badging and other missing details. Soon I'll be able to move onto the interior.

• Update 9

Interior is fitted. Most of the exterior finished, just a few trims and interior textures left.

• Update 10

Interior finished, body templated, and most of the exterior is done. Just a few more details missing such as front ST badging, and the EU spec license plate cutouts in the bumper/grille.

• Update 11

Livery made, Euro plate cutouts made, and badging added. A noteworthy edit in the previous post I forgot to mention was the rear bumper reflectors, I also fixed the sizing as they were too short.

Edited once, last by Kane104 ().

• Update 12

Model is finally ingame with minimal bugs, mostly diffuse and specular maps needing a few tweaks.

• Update 13

Reflective liveries enabled and ironed out some material issues. Still focusing on specular tweaks and need to make the rear window defrosting tracks.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!