2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

  • Hi all, the other day I started working on fixing up a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and making it into a development model for some of my future work. The car is from The Crew and was converted over to GTAV by Dimon. The car itself needs a lot of material work, but I've already begun on that. In addition to material work it also needs to be templated and some other pretty extensive work done to it. I hope to learn how to template the vehicle in 3DS Max, but if I have to I'll have it done in ZModeler.


    I started work on this car about two days ago and I'd like to think it's turning out quite nice so far. I've started working on the materials, re-texturing the entire interior and some LOD enhancing. The interior still needs some love, most noticeably the dials, but as it's standing it's starting to look more and more like the real thing.


    LOD's L1-L4 are what I'm most proud of for this vehicle. The L0 sits quite high for a base model at 127k. Hopefully I can get this quite a bit lower, but if not at least the other LOD's will be in good standing. For the most part L1-L4 are complete aside for L2 & L3 needing to have the wheels optimized for them. I have no idea when I'm anticipating this to be complete, but I'm in no rush so it might be a little while.


    Here's some links to view some pictures of the vehicle so far.


    Additonal general pictures & LOD's with poly counts. (chrome interior parts fixed)


    I know people will see issues I might not so please leave your feedback and criticism below!

    bohatYA.jpgrTOnsga.jpg

    CZvRz8A.jpg

  • Only thing I can notice after a quick glance are the purple/green tyres, if you want to fix those it's simply a matter of changing the Texture format in OpenIV from whatever it is now (most likely DXT 5) to L8, then after that's done back to A8R8G8B8 and save.

  • Only thing I can notice after a quick glance are the purple/green tyres, if you want to fix those it's simply a matter of changing the Texture format in OpenIV from whatever it is now (most likely DXT 5) to L8, then after that's done back to A8R8G8B8 and save.

    I probably should have noted that I already fixed that, my bad, thank you though :)

  • So it's been a long time since I've posted an update on the Silverado. Up until the past couple days or so it's been a while since I've even worked on it with how busy I have been. I've made quite good overall progress with the model and it's getting pretty close to the release of the development model if I stay working on it as much as I have the past couple days. I've done the following;

    • templated the model in 3DS Max
    • modified multiple materials quite a bit
    • created emissive meshes for all the lights
    • added a optional toolbox in the bed (not pictured)
    • cleaned up and optimized the .ytd
    • changed the rear bed from paint to a bed liner type like material

    It might not be a whole not, but it's gotten it much closer to a public release. If anyone notices anything that needs fixing or if you simply have a question, please leave it as a reply below. I want to get this thing to be the best it can be before it's released so anything helps :) Here are a few pictures, enjoy!

    JNyxe81.jpgHaMAScm.jpgSt9O2Y6.jpg6ZpuZqa.jpg

  • Looks very good, great work with the updated materials. You probably noticed it already, but it looks like the side of the bumper has a different material than the front. Also, the texture on the top of the trunk lid on the last pic is green and pink, if it's a small texture, you could maybe use a different compression, otherwise you'll probably have to adjust the colors.


    I'm looking forward to the finished car!