What causes texture files not to import into OpenIV [screenshot]

• Drives me crazy. Every now and then, I run into this issue. I'm not sure if I need to address it. or if I should ignore it.

But it does happen... sometimes it's just one file.

Or maybe I'm handling texture files wrong?

So when I finish building of the model, the first thing I do is export the 2 yft files.

Then I export the textures from the screen below or re-save the files.

Maybe that's not the best way to get the textures from all the other parts/groups?

• This issue is just caused by OpenIV not supporting the "type" of texture, as you can see in your first picture some are DXT5 some are other things which OpenIV can't use. The only way around this is to note the error files and then open them in an editing software and save them again under a dds format supported by OpenIV or a PNG and then import them again.

Personally I never just export every texture as it leads to things like this and the part textures a dev includes are intended for import and set up as proper format for colors to look correct. Most vehicle bases come with either a ytd or a DLC that contains the ytd, best way to ensure this doesn't happen is use the base vehicle's ytd and then import each part you used textures one at a time from the files provided by the part dev. This method will give you the least errors and the best quality textures intended by the part dev.

• This issue is just caused by OpenIV not supporting the "type" of texture, as you can see in your first picture some are DXT5 some are other things which OpenIV can't use. The only way around this is to note the error files and then open them in an editing software and save them again under a dds format supported by OpenIV or a PNG and then import them again.

Personally I never just export every texture as it leads to things like this and the part textures a dev includes are intended for import and set up as proper format for colors to look correct. Most vehicle bases come with either a ytd or a DLC that contains the ytd, best way to ensure this doesn't happen is use the base vehicle's ytd and then import each part you used textures one at a time from the files provided by the part dev. This method will give you the least errors and the best quality textures intended by the part dev.

"...import each part you used textures one at a time from the files provided by the part dev..."

Hmmm... How do import each part texture one at a time?

"...import each part you used textures one at a time from the files provided by the part dev..."

DXT5 is the most optimal format to import textures in?

• "...import each part you used textures one at a time from the files provided by the part dev..."

DXT5 is the most optimal format to import textures in?

Each dev part for the most part should come with a texutres folder full of the textures needed for that part when download. When in the YTD in OpenIV just go part my part and open them and import the provided textures.

Example: I used a Stalker Radar in my car, so when setting up the ytd in OpenIV I will find the stalker folder and import in the provided textures.

As for DXT5 it very much depends on the texture which is best. I'm not texture format expert so details on that idk. Most good parts come with textures already set up to import as the proper format.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!