Posts by Chief1234

adamenforcers So as far as textures go,

Detail - The colors and image you see. Usually different for every material

Bump - Usually the 'purple' looking texture. This gives the material that 3D look. A vehicle_generic_bumpmap will give it an overall flat look. Bumpmaps are used to give detail without making additional poly's

Spec - The glossiness of the material; Blacker it is the less an environment will be mirrored. Vehicle paint will use a white specmap, something like nylon or wood would use a black specmap

Env - Environment; not really sure what it does, never really tested, just use same env on every material

I use both dds and png, I think dds is slightly better but png allows for transparency

adamenforcers Sorry for late response, I work two jobs and go to school... You shouldn't need to do anything to default material. It just kinda exists. Basically when something isnt assigned a material it uses the default material to apply a texture to it.

interesting, well there is no texture in the default material so would i just replace that with a texture i already have or a gta one? when i exported the last few times i noticed on the zm3 message board about "required textures" i think a bump map or something like that on certain textures, i don't remember the rest it said regarding that. i find it strange it managed to spawn that time and i did not do anything extensive in the material browser than the following steps. Speaking of the base value should i manually add it in? this dev model in question had no base value whatsoever when i got it and i heard through this guy saying it should be deleted

As far as a default texture, make there is is not object or poly that is using the Default Texture. They should all be using a material besides that or else your gonna get an error. Also I'm not too sure about deleting base value, all models I've made and people I interact with include it. So yeas add it in manually.

adamenforcers I've found that error can also be caused by a poly using the default material (not given a material in ZMOD; basically blank) or the Base Value not being high enough. These occurrences and the ones above are only time I've seen it personally. Also I believe the DXT5 thing only applies to 4K and above textures, so really only liveries.

Hello great modders of modding-forum,

I have done a little dabbling in trying to get this to work but I haven't had any luck. I am attempting to make AZ DPS cars with proper reflections. Now normally this would be an easy task, copy the bodyshell, make material a decal and so forth. However, AZ DPS is somewhat innovative in the reflective wraps they put on their cars. The black part of the car on marked cars turns copper when light is shown on in (a subtle nod to us being the copper state). This same principle applies to the ghost cars. I have provided images below showing what I mean.

Now I like making GTA, ELS, and all the other great scripts 'bend to my will' and really push the limits of what this game can do but I think this is on verge of impossible. Or if it is possible, its going to be extremely difficult. The only thought I have had on it working is messing with the normals so their more concave so they only reflect when you look at it head on.

Either way, if there is any group of people who could make this work in GTA, they are on this site.

Thanks in advance and let me know your thoughts!

Hello all!

I'm trying to make the spotlights on the vehicles I am making compatible with the spotlight mod by alexguirre. I've been able to make the spotlight move how I want it on the x and y axis but I cant seem to get the game to recognize it as a vehicle weapon/spotlight that the script looks for. I've tried looking through the vanilla vehicle files that use a weapon/searchlight in ZMod, I've edited the vehicles.meta, carcols.meta, I cant seem to figure out what I'm missing to get it to work. Any help would be much appreciated, getting this to work is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: For clarity, I am referring to the rotating turret function in the script.