Posts by Thero

If you highlight the dummy and go to properties you'll see the rotation properties (rotx, roty, rotz). Change the one with a number either higher or lower to adjust how far out it opens.

Just as a side note as well, if you want you can use the dummy "Cargodoor" instead of bonnet to make something open whenever the trunk is open and save the bonnet for the actual hood. Just putting it out there in case you didn't know.

Good luck

Thero

Is the glass actually breaking on those windows? Or only on the windshield like it looks like in your picture.

If you are looking to make the glass break from bullets it is most likely that the collision properties do not have the "Crash" or "crash" property added. Also the material being used for that glass in the material browser requires the same matching "crash" property as well.

Finally the Collision ID on the collision for those pieces of glass need to be of a breakable glass one. I don't recall what the id is for side windows but to just get the effect of a window break you could use "120" for the external id (used for windshields if I recall) just to see if you have addressed the issue. After you get it resolved you can look at a default rockstar model for the correct external id for side windows.

Hope this helps and is what you were looking for,

SoCal Thero

I'm working on converting a 3d object that is in a .obj file format to work for GTA 5. The problem is that whoever made the model I'm assuming took the whole thing and made a copy of it and "flipped" the polys so they would be on both sides so I have been going through and manually deleting them on the other side of each piece before I continue.

But My problem is when I try to use the separated tool in Zmodeler that I usually use to select multiple polygons it is only selecting one at a time and really dragging the process. Is there anything I can do to possibly link the polygons together?

Here is a video of what I am doing and what I am getting:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxU9Qw7 ... e=youtu.be

Oleg had mention that I didn't import it properly in the beginning by optimizing the vertices and that was the problem but I had made a video of me doing it that way and I still get the same problem:

Video of What I did:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7xfpvh ... e=youtu.be

Thanks,
    Thero