Posts by mips

Hi everyone. I have modified the FBI2 (granger) vehicle according to bullet 2 of the quoted post. All the windows and the windshield are bullet resistant for a few shots like the Armored XLS stock vehicle. Is there a way to make the window completely bulletproof without changing the id to 123 and thus losing the modified bullet hole look ? I have used FLAG_HAS_BULLET_RESISTANT_GLASS in the meta file. I see a mention about a possible mod that makes the window completely bulletproof. If there is a mod what is its name ?

I've finally gotten around to test it myself, here's what I could figure out:

• Strong glass (ID 122) without any added flags makes the glass break more slowly, but bullets still go through. The same applies when FLAG_HAS_BULLETPROOF_GLASS is used.
    • Strong glass with FLAG_HAS_BULLET_RESISTANT_GLASS adds the changed bullet hole texture and seems to make the glass completely bulletproof. As far as I know in GTA Online it's supposed to break after a specific amount of shots, but I'm not sure if that just doesn't work in Singleplayer or if I'm using a mod that causes this.
    • Bulletproof glass (ID 123) is always completely bulletproof and always shows the default bullet hole texture, no matter what flag is used.

I'd therefore recommend trying ID 122 with FLAG_HAS_BULLET_RESISTANT_GLASS and see if it works the way you want it to.