I imported a working lightbar from another one of my models into a new project...

• It was an ELS lightbar from another one of my models. Someone else made it for me.

I was hoping it would work. So I tried it. More than once, it worked fine. All 3 stages fully functional. However, I tried it again on another one of my models, but it's not working. I can see the light reflections appearing. So the reflections work, But the lights on the lightbar are not turning on.

Not sure if it's the order of the extras 1-11 or where they are located in the heirachy? But weird how it works partially?

Any suggestions?

• The order of the extras or their position in the hierarchy has no impact. There are two potential reasons I could think of:

First, the material order might be incorrect after importing, make sure the emissive materials are higher than the glass materials.

Second, the other car may already have other extras with the same name, causing conflicts. In this cases, the affected extras can not be toggled.

• Ah, that's a concept that I might not be completely clear about...

emissive materials vs glass materials...

How would I distinguish between the two in Zdmodeler? or what do those files look like in the right panel?

• Wow... That's what the issue was. I just ended up moving all the emissive marked files up to the top as you mentioned. And that fixed the issue.

I may have out done myself though. My tail light now looks different. It still lights up. But the entire lens is red when only the outline should be illuminated.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!