Wheel issue.

• Hello,

Your problem may be due to the specular map being used, a white specmap like the vehicle_generic_smallspecmap will give a shiny, reflective effect on the mesh whereas a grey specmap would give a more matte look. My advice would be to try using different specular textures, I would suggest one but I cant think of a suitable one off the top of my head currently. I hope this helps.

• Hello,

Your problem may be due to the specular map being used, a white specmap like the vehicle_generic_smallspecmap will give a shiny, reflective effect on the mesh whereas a grey specmap would give a more matte look. My advice would be to try using different specular textures, I would suggest one but I cant think of a suitable one off the top of my head currently. I hope this helps.

I usually don't bother with a spec map or ENV when I'm doing wheels. I normally just got with the wheel texture and a blank normal map. But I'll give a grey spec a try. Thanks

EDIT. Worked with a grey spec. Thanks again bud

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!