Exporting

• Whats the best way of exporting a vehicle model from Zmodeler. I usually export the high model on with Autodetect and other model with All but highest. Recently, My vehicle has been appearing in game with no tyres but on the zmodeler model there clearly is a tyre but only L0. I'm assuming my model is only throwing out the L1 Model for some odd reason. Can anyone advise me?

• autodetect and name the dummy with _hi.

And "working" parts like dials, tires, moving parts, need at least L1 to work as their functionality is loaded from the lod file.

Autodetect on both ...._.yft and ...._hi.yft?

I get that which I have all L1 set up correctly including L2. The only thing I don't have L1 on yet is the tyre. I'm not new to modding :)

• I've experienced weird issues using autodetect and as a result I don't use it. I'd rather suggest just manually selecting highest only for the _hi.yft and also all but highest for the _.yft

Just have a look to see whether the L0 tyre model still has the tyre material assigned to it and make sure its compounded together with the L1 with it's axis reset to the parent dummy. Also worth a try painting the L0 wheel fully white in the alpha channel, I've had strange instances of other parts being painted while for instance painting windows black to remove tint.

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • I've experienced weird issues using autodetect and as a result I don't use it. I'd rather suggest just manually selecting highest only for the _hi.yft and also all but highest for the _.yft

Just have a look to see whether the L0 tyre model still has the tyre material assigned to it and make sure its compounded together with the L1 with it's axis reset to the parent dummy. Also worth a try painting the L0 wheel fully white in the alpha channel, I've had strange instances of other parts being painted while for instance painting windows black to remove tint.

The thing is he said the wheel model doesn't have L1 yet, so he doesn't really need to do all that stuff, just make the lods.

And I've never had any issue with autodetect so up to him.

• The thing is he said the wheel model doesn't have L1 yet, so he doesn't really need to do all that stuff, just make the lods.

Oops. Yeah, I missed that.

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!