Posts by Tactical Donut

So I was working on a vehicle to test out the rotator lightbar and I ran into a problem where the frontmost center rotator doesn't work or spin, it just flashes randomly above the lightbar. I tried changing the name from siren14 to siren9 to mimic the vanilla police rotators in case that caused the problem but that didn't fix it. Is this a problem with the model itself or do I need to edit something in carcols.ymt?

EDIT: I did center the problem siren's axes back to its object in case that caused it but that didn't fix it either

Videos:

https://youtu.be/mF6MO47mQyI

https://youtu.be/USWB7jblhLw

So I made this slicktop Charger to go along with my MSP-based SAHP pack, but when I spawn the vehicle, the game crashes with that error. I have narrowed the problem down to the nFORCE rear bar, when I delete it, it spawns just fine. I cannot figure out what about that light module makes the game crash. I have noticed that in OpenIV, the actual individual light modules don't display properly and are white instead of the expected texture, even though the texture is present in the YTD.

Here is the z3d: *Link Removed*

Here is an image of the problem:

afaik

What's that?

check material hierarchy, (spelling (extras must be named extra_1 etc (extra_ten is the exception)), make sure LODs are done right for the extras also in the video what lights are not showing cause the ELS pannel seems to be controlling extras 1-4 if there was no extras with that name they wouldnt flash in the panel

I did all of that stuff, I'm not sure what's wrong. At this point, I'm just going to put a new lightbar on.

Wow it worked ok then I will never use that horrible lightbar again.

make sure there are no duplicates and extra_ten can only be used as a steady burn extra_12 can only be used as ally lights that you toggle (basically side takedowns)

I attached extras 10 and 12 to 1 and 4 respectively, but I still have the same problem.

I checked, there are no duplicate extras anywhere.

If you need the z3d or any other stuff just ask

Ok, so I made this unmarked Tahoe, but extras 1-4, 10 and 12 refuse to show in game. They preview fine in zmod and OpenIV, but literally don't work at all, and are not recognized by ELS. As you can see in the video, they are treated as regular extras that randomly spawn and not ELS extras. I'm 100% sure it isn't a material hierarchy problem either.

Some screenshots/videos are attached. For the video, I purposely deleted the driver's side headliner bar to see if the bar was blocking the extras, but it wasn't.

Video: https://youtu.be/JD3eB9ZxqLc

This is my ELS extras VCF setup:

And here are some images of the vehicle.

By this, do you mean simply setting the ID to 122 or changing the group type to GLASS_STRONG as well?

Actually, I tried it and it gave me the result from before, where the windshield uses the correct texture and is completely bulletproof, but the other windows just break.

WAIT!

Looks like stupid zmod doesn't actually apply ANYTHING if you select all the windows at once, so every window except for the front windshield was ID 120 glass_weak, so I'm doing them all individually now which is not annoying at all. (sarcasm)

FINAL EDIT:

It works now. You're a lifesaver! Thank you very much.

Yay! It works, I feel really stupid now.

However, shooting the windows yields the bullet hole texture (see image) instead of the bullet-resistant glass texture (see image in original post #6).

Is there a way to make the windows use the bullet-resistant glass texture?

It's me again... First I'd like to apologize for being too stupid to fix my own problems and secondly for clogging up your beautiful forum with my crappy threads.

Anyway. I made an Armored Granger (see here for z3d). The properties for the windows' collision models are as follows;

window_lf, lr, rf, rr, [COL]: ID 123; see through, shot through FX, group VEHICLES, type CAR_GLASS_BULLETPROOF, User-Defined Options, Crash

windscreen_f, r [COL]: ID 123; see through, shot through FX, group VEHICLES, type CAR_GLASS_BULLETPROOF, User-Defined Options, Crash

misc_c, b [COL]: ID 123; see through, shot through FX, group VEHICLES, type CAR_GLASS_BULLETPROOF, User-Defined Options, Crash

As you can see in the attached image, the front windscreen is completely bulletproof (which is very nice), but all other windows ARE NOT. They function as normal windows. I've also set those windows to type CAR_GLASS_STRONG, which seems to make them break even faster if that's possible.

In my vehicles.meta, these are the flags I use: <flags>FLAG_HAS_BULLET_RESISTANT_GLASS FLAG_DAMPEN_STICKBOMB_DAMAGE FLAG_HAS_INCREASED_RAMMING_FORCE FLAG_HAS_CAPPED_EXPLOSION_DAMAGE FLAG_IS_OFFROAD_VEHICLE FLAG_IS_BULKY FLAG_RECESSED_HEADLIGHT_CORONAS</flags>

What can I do?

Thanks for the response. Where should I place the ID 123 and 142? Is it a meta thing, or is it something I do in zmod?

And just to confirm, making the glass bullet-resistant is something I do in the COL of the windows (e.g. window_lf [COL])?

Hello everyone,

If you think you've seen this exact thread on LSPDFR.com then you're right. I really need an answer, though, and all the vehicle mods on here are really high quality so someone has to have an answer. Unless I'm really stupid, the flag HAS_BULLET_RESISTANT_GLASS does not work unless the vehicle itself has been modeled with bullet resistant glass (yes? no?) I think. I recently created an unmarked Alamo and want to give it bullet-resistant glass, but I'm not sure how to do that, outside of literally merging the glass from like an armored Baller or something onto it and tediously deleting polys so it fits.

I would highly appreciate any response even if it's "I don't know". Please, help me.