Posts by Hobe

Hi guys,

i have a little problem. I created a new material and set it to the vehicle_badges shader. Its used for a not changeing livery. But if i add my texture just the alpha is visable. The font and stickers are black. Somebody know how to fix this?

I didnt change anything else in the material so bump is blank_normal, mask is vehicle_generic_burnt_out and spec is vehicle_generic_specmap.

Ahhh ok, makes sense. So i´ve put all the interior textures into the corresponding vehicle.ytd and now i want to share my polshare to every car in the carpack. A´m i right that it now has to look like this??

XML
      <txdRelationships>
        <Item>
          <parent>triopolshare</parent>
          <child>lspd1</child>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <child>lspd2</child>
        </Item>
      </txdRelationships>

or can i just do it like this:

XML
      <txdRelationships>
        <Item>
          <child>lspd1</child>
          <child>lspd2</child>
          <child>lspd3</child>
        </Item>
      </txdRelationships>

Ok I understand. The polshare has 1.5mb and the cars arround 3-5mb. Everything doable but would have been nice because this is gooing to be a 5M resouce, and i want everythiong to be as small as possible.

But somehow it needs to work, because in my exhample multiple different cars use the "vehicles_muscle_n_w_interior.ytd". Otherwise creating shared textures doesn´t make any sense.

Also i found this: https://forums.gta5-mods.com/t…alphabetical-all-vehicles

Hi CJ,

thanks a lot for your quick answer. It works like a charme!!

Am I understanding it right, that if I create a car pack with several cars using the same polshare.ytd but different interiors, that every interior is loaded as soon as the polshare is loaded?

So i have 3 cars with different interior ytds. Are all 3 interior ytds loaded by one car spawned through the polshare?

Hi all,

in my current project i wan´t to not dump all of the textures in the vehicles.ytd instead for performance reasons use the txdRelationships in the vehicle.meta.

The car needs to load 3 ytds ion order to work properly. In my case its the vehicle.ytd (lspd6) the interior.ytd and a polshare.ytd i created to share lightbar and other misc textures throughout my police pack. The code in the vehicles.meta is as seen below.

The outcome is that the polshare is loaded perferctly fine but the interior as well as the vehshare are not. Vehshare is included by the interior.ytd.

I used this to set everything up: Shared Textures

thanks for your help in advance

best regards Hobe

Code
      <txdRelationships>
        <Item>
          <parent>vehicles_muscle_n_w_interior</parent>
          <child>lspd6</child>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <parent>polshare</parent>
          <child>vehicles_muscle_n_w_interior</child>