When exporting files from Zmodeler, how do I clean up my texture files to prevent the file from being too large? [screenshot]

• I have a model that I have been working on. The texture files seem like it has a whole of texture files that are not on the model.

But I'm not sure which ones are and which ones are not.... any technique to help me manage the texture files better?

• You can check out your missing textures tab, which is going to tell you what textures are missing/corrupted.

Clicking on the unused textures is going to tell you which textures are not used by a material. I recommend going into the material browser and deleting all of your unused materials (same way) first, and then deleting your unused textures.

In reality, it doesn't really matter, as soon as the textures are not embedded and as soon as you don't put the useless textures in the .ytd. As far as them being in ZMOD, that just increases the file size of the .z3d.

• As I mentioned, you should delete the unused materials first.

Oooooh, had no idea there was an 'unused materials' in the Materials Browser.

Duh... Thanks so much!!!

And what are these checkered files? (see screenshot below)

Do I need to do anything with these checkered materials? Or just delete them? (they're not showing up under unused materials and unused textures.)

• I don't know what I did but for some reason every time I export the vehicle, it gives me a 0kb file.

I'm choosing the same name to export it as the name of the file.

I don't know what I did....

I can't believe this... everything was working fine.

Just can't seem to export the model....

• The checkered textures are missing textures. You can replace them for the sake of presentability inside of ZMOD, but given that they are vehshare (generic GTA) textures, it would not be an issue in-game.

• Usually, when an export is unsuccessful there should be an error message in the message box under the windows.

• That means you have default material on your model in one of your LOD's.

Thanks. Someone provided a Youtube video and it resolved the problem.

Do you know how to aim a light in Zmodeler? I created a spotlight that turns on. But it's aimed in the wrong direction. (not sure how to re-aim the light beam in the right direction)

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!