American Aluminum FPIU K9 insert

• I decided to try making a K9 insert after seeing one at work. Its modeled after American Aluminums K9 and quarter seat insert for the FPIU. Am I on the right path? The textures are not done I just wanted to get something on it for the sample and I still need to make the sliding front door for the dog. Any tips or suggestions are welcome

• Its a start, though I'm not sure what level of detail you want to achieve.

I'm also not sure of your end goal in terms of textures, but I do think that going towards something like in the picture below would look better. You can make the texture use a badges shader to achieve the transparency for the holes and the steel look.

External Image ezrideronline.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • Im trying for as of a level of detail as possible. I used glass material for the "screen" part, i removed the env to get ride of the shinny part so it matches the rest. Im having an issue with the vertexs though. Some parts are right and others are showing way more of the spec color then others making it look like light is hitting those spots all the time.

As stated before i still need to make the clear plexiglass wings and the sliding doggy door in the front. I used surface mesh to create it but im affraid its lacking depth. The real one is all single sheet aluminum except for the front bulk head and sliding door so its rather thin, but i think its still thicker then the what the create surface tool does.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!