Posts by Sup321V

Hi. I've decided to add a lightbar (not a police one, only a box that emits light) to my addon model, and just created a box in zm3, did LODs, applied the headlight material and set the ID to 1.

(Addon = just a gta v vanilla car copied to own dlc)

The bar worked (glows) but the material gets messed up if observed through specific angles. For example; it turns purple, or sometimes the american flag is all over the box?? If looked at from the front or back it works fine, but during driving the texture starts flickering.

I tried setting every dds in the texture browser to the headlight detail1 dds (the one that looks like glass) but the issue remains, it changes from angle to angle. What did I do wrong?

I don't know if this has been asked before, but how do you add working lights to a lightbar in zmodeler3?

On youtube, most tutorials are about setting up already done lightbars to a car, but how would you make working led strips etc from scratch?

Is there an in-depth guide about this?

Have a nice day

Sup

Hi

I've recently made a post about collision files disappearing, that is not true apparently.

My dilemma is as follows :

In OpenIV, my mod_cols are 100% correct on the _hi.yft and the .yft alike. The hierachy is 100% identical.

If I want to import both my _hi.yft and .yft in zmodeler3 though, the collisions just move in the centre of the car for some reason. I thought it was a dummy problem, but if I import both .yfts separately, they work!

Just together (tried 1st _hi.yft, 2nd .yft, then new scene 1st .yft, 2nd _hi.yft) they start to dislocate?!

I'm saving my collisions as z3d and drag them into the 2 files one by one now.

It's still kinda weird though. Does anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks

Sup

Hi

Every time i'm adding a mod_col to my model (four plus the added one =5) another one starts to disappear! i always add my mod_cols in zmodeler3, then export, check them in openIV and an old one just disappears. Hierachically it's still there though. If I import my model in zm3 again, the collision box will be gone too.

I've lost many custom-made collisions through this (i'm saving them as z3ds in a separate folder now); has anyone else had this problem? Every time I add a fifth mod_col a random one is somehow toggled off. How can I have 5+ mod_cols at the same time? :(

Hi

When I set the <bone> in carcols to bonnet, my custom hood which is in my ...mods.rpf file, opens and closes.

However, it will float in front of, and above the vehicle.

What I did in zmodeler3 was unlinking the bonnet from my original car (bison), then set axes to parent (=world), then copy the bonnet to convert the copy into a dummy.

When i set the <bone> to chassis, it fits perfectly, but won't behave as a door.

To check this i imported a different gta vehicle into zm3, then a hood that was in its ...mods.rpf file. I noticed the tuning part hood was below the actual hood, and in the centre of the car.

How do I get the correct position for my custom bison door dummy in zmodeler3?

Do I need to do it manually or is there a bypass to get the dummy in the exact centre of the vehicle?