2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

• I've recently started converting the CVPI from Driver:SF to GTA V. I've been using my latest version for GTA IV as a base, which already quite some improvements to the one I released unlocked. However, there're still a lot more things I've changed or still plan to change. I want to convert the most common versions, starting with 2011 and 2008, the 2011 Street Appearance version and probably also older variants like 1998 and 99.

Here's a first picture of the current progress. Not too much to see, but everything shown should be complete. If the black plastic parts seem light grey, that's because ZModeler renders the specular maps differently than the game. It will be fine ingame when everything finished.

So far, I've managed to do the following things:

• I've fixed all issues the model still had with normals I could find.
    • I've created a new custom dirt/dust/scratch map. The whole exterior supports it, including all plastic parts like the mirrors or the grill.
    • The doors and the roof can be colored using carvariations settings. This is usually more precise than using a texture.
    • Many textures have been improved, proper normal and specular maps have been added where necessary.
    • The underbody and many more parts were replaced with parts from the original model, without the mapping issues of F5544's conversion.
    • The template has been slightly improved and is now in a 4k resolution. It's still compatible with the one I created for IV, however (very) few small minor parts have changed.

As you can see, there's still a lot more work to do. The reason why I'm creating this thread now anyway, is that my aim is to make the CVPI as good as possible. That's why I need any suggestions you guys have to improve it. In the end, when everything is done, I plan to release the models unlocked.

• I've made a few more updates, I've been mostly working on setting up the interior parts. It's pretty much the same as the old version for IV with a few minor changes. The dashboard still needs to be added, I need to look for a model I can get permission to convert.

• I've made a few more updates, I've been mostly working on setting up the interior parts. It's pretty much the same as the old version for IV with a few minor changes. The dashboard still needs to be added, I need to look for a model I can get permission to convert.

Is it just me or are your materials a bit light in appearance? Also, the dashboard. Were you planning on using the same version you converted to IV?

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • Is it just me or are your materials a bit light in appearance?

They look light, yeah. I've disabled the specular settings, that's what it actually looks like:

Also, the dashboard. Were you planning on using the same version you converted to IV?

As the author isn't around anymore, I have to replace it. I don't want to use parts if I can't make sure I may convert them. There seem to be quite a few cars with 06-11 dashboards around, I doubt it's going to be that hard to find one.

• I haven't changed too much since the last screenshots, however I finished the trunk and the hood. Like all other body parts, it's supporting ingame colors, used red in the screenshot of the trunk. Unfortunately, I had to modify the template a little bit, I've added a spot to color the trunk interior for those who prefer using the liveries to set colors (not including the hood and trunk lid interior parts - they still have a seperate texture).

I'm currently working on the headlights. The textures have been replaced with better images, their resolution was doubled compared to the old one. The glass around the reflector and the side markers now has a normal map. The lights are all still in progress, I'll try to add some more improvements.

• Absolutely loving the detail you put into the headlights!

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • After a few months without any news, I've recently started working on the CVPI again. Here're two pictures of the current progress with the body being mostly complete.

The taillights need a new model underneath the glass, and possibly also a new texture. The wheels will get a back to make sure there're no holes in the mesh visible from the opposite site.

The most important part that's going to need quite a lot of work is the interior. I'll map the parts to custom textures, including normal and specular maps, similar to what Kane104 did with his Caprice. I also need to replace the door interior parts, as they aren't correct 2011 models. I'll try to find finished models I may use and release, however if that's not possible, I'm going to create my own. I also need to replace the gauges and give them new textures.

After all that's done, I'll be able to put it in-game finally to work on the spec maps and see if there's any further things to do. Then the next step are the LODs and after that hopefully a first beta version.

• I actually did not think of the Forza model at that time, so you did actually help. Unfortunately, the poly count of the whole car is so incredibly huge, there's no point in converting parts of it. However, those panels are probably going to help as some kind of template to model my own.

• I'm finally able to show some progress on the interior. I've finished editing the gauges of the DSF Towncar, they were fitted into the CVPI dashboard and got new custom made textures.

It seems like less people are interested in the DSF model, as many people are awaiting conversions of the Forza model. I also got asked whether I am still going to work on this conversion even though the DSF model might become obsolete. I'm definitely going to continue to work on it and hope to finish it soon. The Forza model has more than 300,000 polygons, which will likely cause performance issues on weaker PCs or when a lot of cars are spawned.
    This DSF version currently has 35,000 polygons, I feel quite certain that the finished L0 will be below 40k, giving modders enough room to add high quality equipment while still retaining a reasonable poly count.

• Evening CJ, I have a little(ahem OCD) glitch in the front driver/passenger door handles that no one has found until my OCD eye saw it.(I blame my knowledge of Steinberg liking perfection and I went to find the smallest details he missed) It seems I found something no one else could find! If the new model has new handles, sure there isn't an issue. Can't wait to see the new one when it's complete.

https://gyazo.com/d844b91517e9a5ea50e6936968a58a29

• Evening CJ, I have a little(ahem OCD) glitch in the front driver/passenger door handles that no one has found until my OCD eye saw it.

Looks like those are Lundy's new door handles, I'm currently still using the low quality default ones. I'll probably create my own, that's a low priority right now, though.

A few updates: I'm making progress on the steering wheel, thanks to @Ridgerunner, who edited the model. @Kane104 also mapped the taillights to a new texture and the reverse light texture has been replaced.

I've also finished the reflectors of the lights that are visible when they're broken. Some parts of the taillights are originally from Forza, but were edited and optimized.

• I apologize for working so slowly, but unfortunately editing the interior is a very tedious process and I rarely find any motivation to work on it. I have made some progress, for example the steering wheel has been edited and mapped. The mapping of the dashboard and the steering wheel isn't final, I'll work on normal and spec maps later when I can test it in-game. Prior to that however I still need to finish all other dashboard parts and the door panels and make a few other edits.

• These last few pictures are all looking pretty similar and unfortunately there're indeed no big changes. The climate was finished, the geometry of the dashboard plastic around the climate was made more realistic and Kane104 generated some better looking normals.

There're a few buttons still missing and the radio obviously. I hope to finish those quickly. I'm most likely going to get it in-game before working on the door panels, which should most likely be soon.

• Quick update this time, the radio is done:

Using normal maps for the back part, I'll probably have to edit it later, depending on what it looks like in V. It's noticeable from the sides that it's actually a flat model, but unless that is too obvious, I won't change it.

At this moment, the only thing missing for the L0 are the door panels. I also plan on replacing the taillight model again, as it's currently still not correct. If anybody is aware of any available models I could use, please tell me, since it might save me a lot of time.

However, before I'll work on either of those things, I finally want to get a first look of the car in game. There's still some detail work to do that I can't do without the car actually being in GTA, mostly regarding the specular and normal maps. There'll most likely be a lot more issues (as usual with any mod) that I didn't think about earlier, so it's still going to be quite some work. After the L0 is final, the LODs are most likely still going to take a while, but I'll try to stay motivated and keep working on it to get it done as soon as possible. I'm going to post a few first in-game screens as soon as possible here in this thread, so stay tuned.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!