Federal Signal Cuda TriOptic

• Edit:

The model has been released here: Federal Signal Cuda TriOptic

Two released cars can found here:

Hey,

It's been a while since the last time I scratch-modeled anything, so yesterday I decided to start working on an FS Cuda TriOptic and surprisingly, it's already mostly finished today. I'm going to add a mount, a glare visor and LODs before trying it in-game. The current poly count is 600, however it has a diffuse, spec and normal map that are each 256x256px.

Update: Mount (both facing up and down) and visor done, all together 1000 polygons.

• Thanks for all the positive feedback, I appreciate it!

I've tested it earlier in V and modified the textures a little bit, but I believe there's still room for improvement, so it'll take a little bit longer until I can show in-game screenshots. However, the LODs are finished:

L0: 1082 Polygons

L1: 506 Polygons

L2: 110 Polygons

L3: 102 Polygons

• Almost finished, there're just some very minor problems with the mapping of the screws and the directions of the normal map. Here are a few in-game screens:

The emissives:

Edit: Quick update, normal map is fixed. Would've probably been better to wait with this post until that was done, but well...

Unlike I stated previously, I kept my original 512x512 textures. The size difference shouldn't be relevant and scaling it down, if ever necessary, is easier than to add more details.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!